Friday, December 14, 2012

An Answer to My Question

-->
It has been exactly 11 months since I was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer—11  months since my life was turned upside down and inside out…..never to be the same again.  Last week, I had my five-month PET scan.  Sitting through a PET scan is not difficult, it’s just long.  You have to sit by yourself in a quiet room for an hour and a half while the drug distributes itself throughout your body.  You can’t read because for some reason, it causes more of the drug to go to your brain.  So, you sit and rest and think……

Well, I didn’t want to do a lot of thinking, so I did a lot of talking to God and listening to Him during that hour and a half.  I asked Him point blank, “Lord, why did you heal me?”  I know that we all have our own journeys of faith and healing.  God heals some on earth and some in heaven.  It breaks my heart to talk to some of the families of friends I have met through this journey who have lost their loved ones to cancer.  Why?  I honestly don’t know, but I can say that He did answer my question. 

Every morning I wake up praising Him for each new day!  Little things that used to stress me out…….they just don’t any more.  He has given me the best days of my life; and I can’t wait to see what each day might bring.  I’m back volunteering at A Woman’s Place, a pregnancy resource center in our small town. What a joy to be able to give back to God.

This picture was taken at Thanksgiving. Every year I gather all my grand kids together to take their Christmas card picture.  I had this crazy idea to take this beautiful, old love seat and plop it in the middle of my son’s lovely, green wheat field.  This was my mother-in-law’s “candy cane” couch; my kids grew up opening presents on it Christmas Eve.  She would have loved it!  I am just so grateful to God that He gave me more years to photograph these precious kids. 

My PET Scan was perfect!  Thank you, Lord.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my friend, I am so happy for you and your family and so happy to have a friend that God has healed because He had more for you to do on this earth... You have become very precious to me and I am so thankful God has allowed our paths to cross...

    Thank you so much for your email. I posted today the latest part of our "story"....

    I pray this Christmas as you celebrate that you know God's love as never before....and that your family will be blessed beyond measure with wonderful memories to cherish....

    Love ya,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete