Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A Happy Beginning


If I could describe the perfect week-end, it would have been the last one.  My daughter, Stacey, determined that everyone in the family would join me in the Race for the Cure (along with 40,000 others).  As a surprise to me, she provided everyone with a T-shirt that said, “Cisa’s Cheerleaders”.  On the back was everyone’s name. What a great celebration to the end of chemo/surgery/and radiation!

It was a beautiful, crisp and clear October morning.  My best friends, Betty, a 20 year survivor, and Emma, joined us.  It just can’t get better than this! 








After the race, we all enjoyed a delicious brunch and had our group picture taken.







Saturday afternoon, we took a trip to the Fletcher pumpkin patch.  


On Sunday, everyone joined us for church.  My son-in-law, Chris, joined the Praise Team with his anointed trumpet.  I was privileged to give my testimony to God’s healing power.  

 Sunday afternoon was another trip to the pumpkin patch. 








This week-end was as close to heaven as I will get here on earth.   Having my family around me was just pure joy! 

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful weekend, wonderful family! We are rejoicing with you.

    ReplyDelete