Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Humbled and Cancer Free


It was difficult to focus.  I stared at my husband, willing my brain to comprehend what he was trying to tell me.  “The doctor did not have to take out your lymph nodes.  There was no cancer there.”  I remember finally allowing the good news to sink into my brain, and I cried.  This was the answer to our prayer.  As far as I was concerned, it was a miracle.  If I could have jumped up from the recovery room table to do a happy dance, I would have!  A warm joy flooded over my body as I slipped back into the sweet oblivion. Later that day, my husband, children and I grabbed hands and gave thanks to God.

It’s been six days since my surgery.  In spite of the annoying tubes coming out of my body, I am good—so good.  God did what he promised.  I feel so humbled.  The doctor called me on Friday with the confirmation of good news. “All the evasive cancer has been melted away. You are cancer free!”  Lord! That felt so wonderful to hear this amazing news.  After these last seven months—cancer free!  I meet with my oncologist a week from Tuesday.  She will go over the results more thoroughly planning the next step in my complete recovery.

Right now, I am trying to process all of this.  God has given me a reprieve.  What do I do with it?  How do I use this gift of life to give back to Him?  The one thing I know for sure is unlike the doctor who will eventually dismiss my case; God will never leave me to be on my own.  That’s a wonderful feeling.


7 comments:

  1. God is great! I have been following this blog for years but this is the entry we've all bee waiting for. Wish I could have been there to hear the great news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! A heart-felt praise going up with yours, Cindy.

    How beautiful for you to know Him so intimately as your Healer.

    Blessings on your recovery. (and thanks for visiting me today)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a lot of praise is going up to heaven! Thank you, Kelli!

      Delete
  3. Wooo-hooooooo! Can you hear me cheering, all the way from a farm in northwest Iowa? Oh Cindy.... I am so happy. So.very.happy to hear your news. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jennifer! God is SO good!

      Delete
  4. wow... so good to hear. Now dear continue to write and share your story.

    ReplyDelete