Monday, July 30, 2012

Thank You


You could have knocked me over with a feather.  On Thursday, my husband and I were planning on taking our granddaughters to my son’s Mexican restaurant.  When we walked in the door, I couldn’t quite process the fact that a group of my friends and family were sitting at a long table and smiling at me!  My youngest daughter, Starr,  had planned a surprise “no-mo chemo party” for me.  What a wonderful evening sitting and enjoying my precious friends and family…..a perfect ending/beginning to this journey that God has sent me on. I just wanted to hug everyone and not let go! 

How do I adequately say “thank you” to all of the people who have been and will continue to walk with me on this journey?  You have been God’s arms and legs to keep me company along the way.  The prayers, the cards, the food, the e-mails, the visits, the gifts……so many blessings.

Thank you to Christine from Women's Bible Cafe for giving me the opportunity to share my journey through the eyes of faith.  Thank you to all of the women at WBC who have written comments and prayed for me along the way.  Your own journeys have increased my faith.  What a blessing you have been to me! You will always be close to my heart.  I will continue to write about my journey here on my blog and will post updates at WBC. 

This coming Wednesday, I will have a double mastectomy to get rid of the last traces of this cancer.  It’s really, OK. Jesus still has a tight grip on my hand. 


I give thanks to my God for every remembrance of you.  Philippines 1:3

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy its Brice Rogers from Mexico! Congrads on "no-mo chemo!" I met up with the Remberts at a conference near Pittsburgh last week and they told me about your blog. I'd love to catch up to you when you have a chance to write. My email is wayoflife7@fastmail.fm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow ... will be praying for you and your recovery.

    ReplyDelete