Monday, July 23, 2012

Soli Deo Gloria – Glory to God Alone

Cleansed, Clean, and Clear
Celebrating our 42nd Wedding Anniversary this week!

Did you hear it?  The huge sigh of relief and thanksgiving!  My PET/CT scans were clear; there were no signs of recurrence or metastasis.  The original cancer was deemed “mild” and felt to be post-surgical in etiology…and I haven’t even had the surgery yet.  The doctor was amazed.


Last Monday morning, I walked into the PET scan room with a sense of peace.  After my last chemo treatment the week before, I admit to having some anxiety.  But, as the week progressed, my anxiety was replaced with the “peace that passes all understanding”.  And so, as I lay on the narrow PET scanning bed with my hands over my head, I prayed.  The words “cleansed, clean, and clear” came into my mind.  God had already given me the word, “cleansed”.  Several months ago, I woke in the night after a difficult chemo treatment.  I sat up in bed and the word “cleansed” came to me in the dark quiet.  And now, God added the words clean and clear. 

Tuesday, the phone rang.  It was Dr. Gentry’s nurse.  “The reports came back early, and your scans look great!”  Wednesday morning Dr. Gentry went over all of the reports with us.  Preston and I couldn’t stop smiling!  We celebrated at the Purple Cow with a nice juicy hamburger.

Surgery and radiation are still ahead, but God has given us a confirmation that it will all be over soon.  And so, I wake every morning with a smile on my face and joy in my heart.  Soli Deo Gloria

Thanks be to God, who gives us the victory
through our Lord Jesus Christ!
1 Corinthians 15:57



6 comments:

  1. Whew!! That is wonderful news!! We have an awesome God!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy, I'm linking up from Jennifer and GDWJ, and I'm praying for you as you continue your journey. So glad to hear your scans were clear and your prognosis is good. No weapon forged against us will stand, not even cancer.
    Hugs from VA,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan!
    Thank you so much for the prayers! Yes, that scripture is so powerful. God has truly blessed us. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog. What a scary road you've been on. How your heart must have sang with this good news. Hoping that you continue to improve and come through surgery and radiation healed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm smiling here in Portland! That is wonderful news.

    ReplyDelete