Monday, July 2, 2012

“If it were not so, I would have told you.”


"Your heart must not be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in Me.  In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if not, I would have told you. I am going away to prepare a place for you. If I go away and prepare a place for you, I will come back and receive you to Myself, so that where I am you may be also.” John 14:1-3

It’s a promise.  When God makes a promise, I believe it.  I believe that God is healing me of this cancer, but I also know that there will come a time when I will be with Him.  That is not a lack of faith, but a fact.  We all will spend eternity somewhere. 

Why don’t we spend more time thinking about Heaven?  That is what Christianity is all about.  Jesus died and was resurrected so that if we believe in Him, we will also die and be resurrected to live...forever.  That just fills my heart with joy!  When I think of heaven and spending eternity with the ones that I love, I just smile.

What is heaven like?  Randy Acorn wrote a book entitled, Heaven. Randy believes that, in heaven, we will all have some kind of important job for God, filling us with a fulfillment that doesn’t even compare to the best job here on earth!  Heaven will be the best of the best.  Think about the most joyous time of your life and multiply that times a million…. that is what I think Heaven is like.

Yesterday my husband and I toured Hearst Castle in California.  It was opulent to the extreme…beautifully perched on the top of a hill overlooking the Pacific Ocean.  William Randolph Hearst spent 28 years of his life building his “ranch”.  He never even finished it, stopping only because of his health and (finally) lack of funds.  As we walked into the rooms inhabited at times by the likes of Cary Grant and Charlie Chapman—the beautiful Hollywood people, I felt only a sadness that these people lived for their day and not for eternity. 

Jesus promises “In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.” (John 14:2) There’s no fear about going to Heaven.  Jesus said, “If it were not so, I would have told you.” I believe Him.

Swimming Pool at Hearst Castle

1 comment:

  1. Love you SWEET CINDY, thank you for loving, sharing, well, for just continuing as you have always done, letting Jesus shine through you!!!!
    Love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete