Monday, July 16, 2012

Faith Is . . .


It was another one of those times. Wednesday night during praise and worship, my heart was overwhelmed with all kinds of emotions.  I had just finished my last chemo treatment.  I was through!  Standing there in church and praising God, it just flooded over me—no more treatments!  Overcome, I knelt in His presence and heard Him say, “Confess your faith.”  Did I hear Him correctly? I had no proof that God had healed me yet; my PET scan and surgery were still in front of me.  With my heart pounding, I found my way over to Pastor Derek.  “May I say something?” I asked.  “Do you want to testify?” he asked.  “Yes, I do.”
Faith is the reality of what we hope for, the proof of what we don’t see.”  (Hebrews 11:1) Over the last six and a half months, I have prayed and hoped for healing. “Lord, it only takes a tiny little seed of faith to move mountains.”  I know I have that!  Honestly, though, I have to admit that there have been several times when I have prayed liked the father of the demon-possessed boy, who was thrown into the fire,

“If you can do anything, help us! Show us compassion!" Jesus said to him, "‘if you can do anything’? All things are possible for the one who has faith." At that the boy’s father cried out, "I have faith; help my lack of faith!" Mark 9:22-24
           
I started this journey here.  As I walk once again into the scanning lab this Monday morning, I take this picture with me.  All I know to do is to take a deep breath, pray, and believe.  That’s all the Lord requires.

4 comments:

  1. Thoughts and prayers go with you!!xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kerry. You do, indeed, understand!

      Delete
  2. Dear Cindy,
    Thank you for taking the time to post on my blog. You encouraged me to keep writing and sharing my journey of faith.
    You have a beautiful blog, and the Holy Spirit is leading you through. I believe in healing, and pray that you will experience God's awesome hand on your life and treatment. I often found that healing came not when I expected it to, but when it was a total shock and gift. I prayed for healing before my chemo, and it came six months later. The journey was hard, but the blessings were beyond description.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Cindy, thank you for posting on my blog. You encouraged me to continue writing and sharing my faith.
    I believe in healing, and have experienced God's mercy. I prayed that it would come before chemo, but it came six months into it. Not my timing but God's will. Looking back it was a powerful time, and I saw God's hand in each day.
    It is my prayer that you will have the healing that comes only from God, and when the moment comes you will see that His timing is perfect.
    Blessings, Sandy Boulware

    ReplyDelete