Monday, June 25, 2012

The Vision


And the Lord said to Paul one night in a vision, "Do not be afraid, but go on speaking and do not be silent, Acts 18:9


Do you believe in visions?  Throughout the last six months of my illness, God has presented Himself to me in all kinds of ways.  I’ve felt his soft touch and comforting presence in the middle of the long, dark nights, been encouraged by Him through other people, and heard from Him in His Word.  He has been my constant companion, never leaving my side.  But the other night at church, something really special happened.

Our church has a wonderful praise and worship team.  They are there to lead us in worship, giving us the opportunity to truly praise God.  It has been my life-blood these last six months.  Last Wednesday night, as I was praising God, I lifted both of my hands in worship.  I felt in my spirit that Jesus was standing right in front of me.  He grasped both my hands in the air and threaded his fingers through mine.  As we stood there, He leaned over and rested in forehead on mine.  I felt this amazing peace and power—and love. 

The wonderful part about this night was that He was not just ministering to me, but to many other people there.  He is omnipresent and has the ability to love all who reach out to Him.  There is no doubt in my mind that many people felt his touch that night. 

I can’t get this picture out of my head.  I wish that I could paint, and even contacted a lady about the possibility of painting it for me.  She told me that she was not comfortable painting Jesus.  But, even without this picture on paper, I have this vision of Jesus standing over me that I will cherish throughout the rest of my life.



7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful reassurance of His love and presence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful experience you had...and a faith-builder,also!

    I just discovered your blog...after finding out I am in your Women's Bible Cafe for the study of Nehemiah. This is my first such study, and I am very much looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we are neighbors @ Jennifers...I love those sweet kisses of God..I am so thankful you feel His nearness through your time of testing. blessings to you~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cindy, I'm hopping over from GDWJ.
    What a sweet image you portrayed of our Lord. May that image stay in your memory and bless you for years to come. Thanks for sharing it!
    Hugs from VA,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is sooooo cool! Thank you for sharing it with us. Visiting from God Bumps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It would be wonderful to see that painting. Love you, Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I believe in visions. Have had only a couple... but not the joyous, glorious one you had. To be held, touched by my Lord... I couldn't desire anything more. So glad you were blessed beyond belief. And, I TOO would love to see a picture/painting. BUT you planted it in my head already. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete