Monday, May 7, 2012

It Is Written



It was sort of an epiphany for me.  Sitting in church last Wednesday evening, I listened to a good friend teach on Jesus’ priesthood and authority.  Jesus, the very Son of God, quoted the Word by saying “it is written”.  His infamous battle with Satan in the wilderness was fought with the Word of God.  As I sat there in church, the Holy Spirit helped me to see and understand how powerful His Word is in our lives.  If God spoke the world into being, how much more can he use that Word for our guidance and protection? It is written in the prophets, And they shall all be taught by God. Therefore everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to Me.” (John 6:45) In explaining John the Baptist’s role, Jesus says “For this is he of whom it is written: ‘Behold, I send My messenger before your face, Who will prepare Your way before you.’” Jesus quotes Hosea 6:6 when he said, I desire mercy and not sacrifice.All throughout the gospels, Jesus quotes “God’s Word.”

Driving home from church that evening, I asked God what He was teaching me.  I believe that He wanted me to know that confessing the Word was powerful and effective—and real.  “If my Son confessed the Word, then I am telling you that you can confess the Word with authority and confidence.”

Fighting this battle with cancer, I need to believe in the power of God’s Word.  One thing I have right now is time—a lot of time.  I have spent many precious hours with God these last three months.  Everyday I have learned something new.  So, this is what God has told me to do: Each day, I will write down a scripture on healing.  Throughout the day, I pray this scripture not only for myself, but also for the many people who are on my prayer list, by saying “It is written” and then confess the scripture.  Here are the three that I have confessed over the last three days:

It is written, “He sent his word and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.” Psalm 107:20

It is written, “So, you shall serve the Lord your God, and He will bless your bread and your water. And I will take sickness away from the midst of you.’ Exodus 23:25

It is written, “For I will restore health to you, and I will heal your wounds says the Lord.”  Jeremiah 30:17

In 1 Peter 2:5, we are called a Holy Priesthood, offering up spiritual sacrifices that are acceptable to God through Christ Jesus.  We have the right to say, “It Is Written”.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy,
    This is a wonderful post on the power of God's Word both written and spoken.....a great reminder to remember God's power and to avail ourselves of it.....

    I continue to pray for you and I am so glad that God is drawing you close to Himself during this time....

    Hugs to you my sweet friend....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Nancy! Hope you are finding God's rest.

    ReplyDelete