Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Between The Rains


Our Bible Study is studying Beth Moore’s new Bible Study, James, Mercy Triumphs.  Several months ago, I worked through the workbook with my friends from Bible Café, but did not see the videos.  Last Thursday, I was able to watch it with my Bible Study friends.  What a blessing!  I’m sure that she was speaking directly to me.  Don’t we always think that way?  She quoted James 5: 7, 8, Therefore, brothers, be patient until the Lord's coming. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth and is patient with it until it receives the early and the late rains. You also must be patient.”  
Waiting and being patient is always the hardest part, isn’t it?  God surely must be speaking to me about this because I received a beautiful comment on the Bible Café blog from Robin.  She sent me a sermon entitled, “In the Wait”.  She shared three important points.
  • Positive #1 - Know that whatever it is you are waiting on; know that GOD IS IN THE WAIT WITH YOU. If whatever it is you are waiting on is wearing you down know that God is with you and He is there to encourage you.
  • Positive #2 - Know that God will STRENGTHEN YOU "In the Wait", not in your strength but in His Strength.
  • Positive #3 - God wants to deliver you "In the Wait."

Beth Moore stressed that we must spend our time “between” the rains getting to know God.  She quoted Hosea 6:3, Let us strive to know the Lord. 
His appearance is as sure as the dawn. 
He will come to us like the rain, 
like the spring showers that water the land.” Deuteronomy 11:13,14 says this, “If you carefully obey my commands I am giving you today, to love the Lord your God and worship Him with all your heart and all your soul,  I will provide rain for your land in the proper time, the autumn and spring rains, and you will harvest your grain, new wine, and oil.”
God knows that I want and need to be healed from this cancer.  There have been so many prayers sent up on my behalf.  During this Lent season, waiting on The Most High God, I want to “give it up” and get to know Him in an even more intimate way.  As I wait for the “rains” to come, I bow down and worship my Creator and friend, Jesus Christ with all my heart and soul. 
“See, we count as blessed those who have endured. You have heard of Job's endurance and have seen the outcome from the Lord. The Lord is very compassionate and merciful.” James 5:11
For the next few days, I will be “on the other side of the mountain”.  Healing Drip #3 was  yesterday--just laying low in the arms of the Lord and “waiting”.


1 comment:

  1. What a beautifully written heartfelt post, Cindy. Patiently waiting has not always been my most virtuous place. But I continue to learn that God's grace sufficient. I have been praying for you since I met you a few weeks ago. Stay strong in the wait. You are cradled in the arms of the Almighty.

    ReplyDelete