Monday, January 16, 2012

With God's help, I'm ready


It’s January 2012, a fresh new year full of fun and surprises.  I’m not supposed to get this call, “Mrs. Hamilton, it’s Dr. Hagans. You have breast cancer.”   No, this is not supposed to happen to me.  Except for one cousin, no one in my family has had breast cancer.  Where in the world did that come from?     
            For almost 60 years, God has held my life in his hands.  As a little four-year-old girl, I opened the door to my heart and accepted Jesus into my heart.  I will never forget the picture that the nice neighbor lady showed me….there was Jesus standing at the door inviting me in.   I walked right in and gave Jesus my hand.  He’s been holding it ever since.
            Jesus and I have been on an adventure together for the last 60 years.  He has introduced me to His Word, taught me that miracles can happen, chastened me when I strayed, sustained me when I went through spiritually dry times in my life, held me when I was afraid, challenged me when I was hesitant, laughed with me, smiled at me, met me every morning in my chair with my sweet dogs cuddled up along side and His word opened in my lap, went to work with me everyday, heard my pleas, and cries, and petitions……….He’s not going to abandon me now.
            This week when I begin this new journey, He will be right there with me each step of the way; and also with my sweet daughters, son, sons-in-laws, grandchildren, and precious husband.  He is Jehovah-Rapha, “The Lord who heals you.”  Exodus 15: 26.    I’m ready.
             This is where the God-Bumps come in……..Yesterday, I faced CT and Bone scans to make sure that the cancer hadn’t spread.  I felt such a peace as I walked through the doors into the cavern of that big hospital.  This picture was taken a year ago walking up that same sidewalk into that same hospital.  I took it on a whim, and God brought it to my memory a couple of days ago.  As I brought it into Photoshop to add the scripture------I saw it!  There was the cross.  I was standing under the cross. God knew a year ago that I would need this picture, and it went with me into those dark scanning rooms.
            My husband and I met with the doctor late yesterday afternoon.  All my scans were clear!  Chemo follows, but with my sweet husband, family, and friends by one side and Jesus on the other, I will continue to fight this fight with the sword of the Spirit.  I know who wins.


13 comments:

  1. Indeed. He heals, Cindy. And I praying and believing with you that you are healed. Consider it done in the name of Jesus. I am so glad you stopped by my place an I found you here, my new friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PRaise God... WOW .. WHAT A POWERFUL post... what a powerful PHOTO .... What a STRENGTH inside you... I am so proud of you for standing under your cross... with the hand of God on you throughout this journey! You are amazing! You are an inspiration! thank you for this post this morning! May God continue to bless you .. and keep that cancer away! Hooray for clear scans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I got God-bumps when I saw that photo! Surely God prepared that photo for you, and the scripture chosen to go with it is perfect.

    God bless you on your journey, Cindy, I truly believe He will walk you through each step of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. May God give you markers along the way, just as he has done with this photo, to remind you that he walks with you. With Chist in us, before us and beside us, we can go anywhere and face it all. My husband is a 9 year survivor, and every day there are new steps to take in Him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Cindy ... I'm so sorry about the cancer, and about the chemo.

    And then, I'm just tear-filled with joy and admiration as I read the rest of your post.

    You. Are. God-Strong. Oh, friend ... the way you CLING to Him. You minister to me here. You do. You are a wonder, dear Cindy.

    And to see you standing there, in the shadow of the cross. May you find a safe, safe place there -- under the wings of the Almighty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what an incredible photo! I know four people in my life that have beat cancer, you can too. Pray He continues to give grace for this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cindy what a powerful, inspiring post! I'm so sorry about the cancer, but I'm thrilled at your faith and courage in our Lord! And the photo . . . what can I say? What a mighty all-knowing God we serve!! It's so nice to meet you. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you to all of you sweet Christian friends. You are an encouragement to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your an encouragement :) God bless you more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cindy,

    So sorry to hear about the cancer...your photo and your faith are so inspiring...praying that you may continue to sense His peace with you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cindy, I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this. If you have any questions or want to talk to anyone about what you are about to face, please call me (870-456-2139) or inbox me on facebook. You have already started a ride on an emotional rollercoaster!!! But once the ride is over, you will have become an even stronger, more amazing woman than you already are. Will the ride be bumpy? MOST DEFINITELY! But you have a trememdous support system, as did I, which helps to cushion the bumps, and the ride will be over before you know it. And when it ends, you will join us in the sisterhood of breast cancer SURVIVORS!!! This is very beatable!! I remember my doctor leaning over my lap and facing me nose to nose as she said, "Jodi, YOU ARE GOING TO BE OKAY! We will beat this together." I put my trust in my Heavenly Father and the precious words of that doctor, and sure enough, 4 years later, I'm doing fantastic. You will too!!! You will be in my thoughts and prayers as you ride this ride, which will be the ride of your life, by the way!! Again, call me if you have any questions or just want to talk. That helped me alot when I was first diagnosed. Love you!! Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  12. I commented on another post, but I just had to come and follow your blog. It is an amazing blessing, just as you are. I will hold you in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Found your blog while reading on the Cafe for Women Bible Study site. I just want to thank you for sharing and let you know my prayers are with you. It sounds like you have a deep faith in the Lord and I know that is what it takes to bring us through whatever trial comes our way. May the Lord bless and keep you. Isa. 41:10

    ReplyDelete