Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sunday- Mary's Song



One day as I was praying
An angel came to me
And told me not to be afraid.
He said he had a message sent from God’s own hand,
A message for all people in God’s land.

I felt an overwhelming peace inside my soul,
As God showed me my special role,
By fulfilling the promise made to Abraham,
In sending God’s sacrificial lamb.

I am only a child myself,
Betrothed to a man I love,
But God has chosen me to carry His own son.
His perfect plan has begun.

The days passed very quickly then;
My life was never the same.
My soul magnified the Lord,
And I waited until my time came.

The child lies here beside me now
In this small and dusty place,
And I feel the presence of the Most High God
As He smiles at his own Son’s face.

I was chosen to give birth to God’s own son.
I will be the mother of his child.
What happens now, I don’t know
But God’s special plan has begun…………….

          God’s special plan has begun.

CH Copyright 1988

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem. Perfect plan.

    Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What incredible faith and trust she had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I like to ponder God's special plan for me too! A Blessed Christmas! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete