Friday, September 16, 2011

Beauty-Psalm 104

     It was a beautiful, warm afternoon in Arkansas.  My husband and I had taken our two grandsons out to the farm for a pizza picnic.  As we were packing up to leave, I noticed the birds flying in to roost on the trees in the reservoir.  They reminded me of ornaments on a Christmas tree.  
Psalm 104 says:
1 Praise the Lord, my soul.  Lord my God, you are very great; you are clothed with splendor and majesty.
2 The Lord wraps himself in light as with a garment; he stretches out the heavens like a tent and rides on the wings of the wind,
3 and lays the beams of his upper chambers on their waters.  He makes the clouds his chariot.
I love the thought of God wrapping himself in light and riding on the wings of the wind.  But then the psalmist tells us in verse 30, “When you send your Spirit, they are created, and you renew the face of the ground.” God is omnipresent, everywhere at one time.  That’s difficult to wrap my mind around.  But like the psalmist, I think God is pleased when we try. May my meditation be pleasing to him, as I rejoice in the Lord. Vs. 30 That makes me happy, too.                        

No comments:

Post a Comment