Tuesday, August 23, 2011

In the Hand of God




Two of my grandchildren were staying with me last week.  My grandson, Silas, wanted to go out to the backyard, and of course, asked me to go out there with him. "Cisa, I have a ladybug!"  He sat down beside me and gently allowed the little ladybug to walk up and down his fingers.  "She likes me!" he said.  It would seem so since she didn't fly away, but continued her journey across his hand.     


Maybe the hand of God is just like that, allowing us to walk up and down his fingers, watching us, smiling as we marvel in his majesty and investigate his world.  It is an emotional and spiritually safe and secure place as he gently cups us in his hands and protects us from harm.  Admittedly, there are times when I fly away, but that freedom is not as satisfying or creative as the times when I allow myself to settle comfortably in the hands of God.

1 comment:

  1. Cindy, What a beautiful post and wonderful analogy...Don't you just love the way God gives us insights everyday into His character and usually it's through nature.

    I too may fly for a short time but I always seek the comfort of His strong arms because there's nothing like it in all the world......

    Aren't grandchildren the most precious gift. I think God teaches me as much through them as through other means.....So precious...

    Hugs and blessings,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete