Saturday, July 10, 2010

A Destination In Itself

Today I went to the grocery store with Liliane.  It was a destination.  Beside the strangeness of everything being written in French, I've never seen so much wonderful food.  The place is like Walmart, everything from paint to food.  There were aisles of wine and aisles of different kinds of cheeses.  The fish market had unidentified fish, but it looked straight from the sea. There were vegetables that I had never heard of, but also huge, beautiful, red, yellow, and green peppers. There was a sign that said "horse", but nothing was there, thank goodness. There were aisles of pasta and bread and condiments and olives and...................Maybe.....maybe, I might enjoy cooking if I had all that variety at my fingertips. . . . .maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment