Sunday, June 27, 2010

Early

We got up at 3:45 this morning to get to the airport.  Ruby was not too happy about having to get out of bed!  When we got to the Delta counter, I held my breath as Preston plopped the suitcase on top of the scale.  It wavered from 48 to 49 pounds..whew.  Almost had a mix up when I checked in.  The lady tagged my bag only to Detroit because my itinerary confused her.  Luckily, another agent came by and straightened everything out.  My bag is safely (I hope) on its way to Marseille.

Arrived in Detroit and walked through this really cool tunnel.  For some reason I felt like I was in George Orwell's 1984.

So, only have 51/2 hours to wait . . . . . . . . checking out my stylish socks and sandals.  I know they look dorky, but I really hate walking through security in my bare feet, and once I got through that..well they just felt good and no one really cares. So there.

OK, only two more hours and I'm on the plane.  The airport was shut down for a short while this afternoon because of bad weather (tornado warning), but it looks like all is well and good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment